Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waiting on the world to change

This is a depressing post, I honestly suggest you don't read it. But I had to write it.

I am back in Australia. This time I am back to stay, not to study. I am lost. When I studied I had a goal, a deadline. Now I have nothing. No directions. I don't know this world without studying. And on top of this, I am in a world that is not mine. A world that demands all my money to let me stay in it.

I have to get a proper job, a job that recognises my qualifications and pays me well. I have big expenses and a student loan to pay.

This is the problem:
There are no journalist positions available in Australia, but there are several in Norway. What I am meant to do?

I have applied for a job at the library and I really really want that job.I want a job that recognises my 5 years of Uni and that inspires me as a writer and reader.

Right now I am just waiting for a sign. Should I stay or should I go? Here is the man that I love, the man that changed my life. The man I can't picture life without. In Norway are jobs, free health cover and my family and friends. Safety is over there.

I need a sign, a good sign. A sign that safety can also be here. Lately there has only been bad signs, like complications with my visa, health insurance being more expensive than expected, no jobs available and complications at my current job.

I feel lost.

No comments: